Born in 1985, Julien Rieutort is a visual artist that uses photography to express his vision.
After studying cinema, he decided to redirect towards the musical industry working for various record labels alongside his musician career. In 2017 he took the bold decision to leave for a vertical world tour on his own from Antarctica to Iceland passing through South America. Early in this trip, facing a spectacular iceberg, he realized that, in the end, he wanted to tell stories and share something concrete and meaningful. Photography then came naturally to him.
When he finally returned, he started following the Professional photography master, RNCP certification level 1, at SPEOS, Paris International Photographic Institute to learn more about the techniques and the market.
His work is essentially focused on the influence of human evolution on nature, urban landscape, and global environment.
Based in Paris, and available to shoot worldwide.
_ Artist Statement
It is a primary obsession to see and apprehend the world that led me to photography. Fascinated by nature and its wilderness, I’m inspired by the angles, the space and the volumes that it offers us. In a world constantly moving, photography allows me to take the time : to observe, compose and understand. Through a practice situated at the intersection of staging and pure reality, I found a way to express my vision.
My series question the connection between human and his environment and push me to rethink my own relationship to the world around me. I’m trying to include myself drawing real and virtual lines, applying a momentary luminous imprint or capturing it in its simple brutality. An invitation to question the appropriation of space by humankind, the conservation of our primary resources and the evolution of our species in an uncertain universe.
- Paris, France / "Forest Memories" series, at SPEOS Gallery (Group).
- Arles, France / "Forest Memories" series, work presentation during "Les Rencontres de la photographie d'Arles", Voies Off. SPEOS gallery.
- FISHEYE Mag / "Vestiges du présent" - Interview and work presentation for Fisheye Magazine.
- Life Framer / "Souvenirs from Earth" - Now part of Life Framer Collection.
- Life Framer / "A Beautiful Rugged World" - The Face of the Earth Editor's Pick.
- TouteLaCulture.com / "Foals, les poulains sauvages de la Gaité Lyrique".